Thanni Balogun's Blog
News, Events, Entertainment, Lifestyle, Fashion, Education, Inspiration and yes... Gossip! *Wink*
Saturday, 22 November 2014
“I don’t like to talk about being a father" - Flavour opens up...
Flavour is a new dad but it's not something he's comfortable talking about. I've tried to get info from him but he wasn't forthcoming. In an interview with Saturday Punch, Flavour said fatherhood is not something he's comfortable talking about. He also said he's not ready for marriage and explained why he flaunts his body on social media. Excerpts below..."I don’t like to talk about being a father but I don’t have any plans for marriage right now and it is because my career is very demanding. I would always want to spend time with my family and it is not something I can do now because I am all over the place. I was raised in the proper way with my parents always watching over me and I want to do the same to my family. For now, I don’t want to get married.”About why he flaunts his body on social media, Flavour said;“If I am not doing music, I love to work out and when I do that, I am confident enough to show my body on my social media accounts. If you call me a sex symbol, you are not lying. I feel it is a good thing for people to believe in themselves and be confident. I believe in hard work and it shows in my music and the way I work out at the gym. I exercise a lot and take out time to keep fit and maintain my physique,” he said.
suspected terrorist arrested in England
A 19-year-old man has been arrested
at Heathrow Airport on suspicion of
preparing for acts of terrorism.
He was detained by officers from the
West Midlands Counter Terrorism
Unit at 15:00 BST on Thursday as he
got off a plane from Jordan, police
said.
The arrest was pre-planned and
intelligence led. The suspect did not
pose any risk to the flight, West
Midlands Police said.
The man, from Coventry, is in
custody in the West Midlands area.
Thursday, 7 August 2014
LAGOS STATE GOV. REVERTS LASU FEE TO #25000
US department ebola virus alert
Nigerian doctors suspends strike over ebola virus
Monday, 4 August 2014
icon mag apologies to 2face
Weeks after 2face Idibia slammed a
N100million lawsuit against soft-sell
magazine, Icon Weekly, after they published a
story claiming he had cheated on his wife
and impregnated a banker, (read here) the
magazine has apologized to the singer and
have withdrawn their story, accepting that
was a false publication.
with this, the suit will most likely be struck
out as 2face is said to have accepted the
apology. Read the apology after the cut...
Sunday, 3 August 2014
Pastor ituah Ighodalo denies saying he has the cure to Ebola virus
Last week, popular Lagos pastor and founder
of Trinity House church, Ituah Ighodalo, was
credited as saying he has found a solution to
the deadly Ebola disease and that Ebola
victims should not seek medical attention.
Ighodalo has denied saying this, insisting he
was misquoted.
Below is a statement he released yesterday
"It has come to our attention a story
published by the Punch newspaper written by
one Temitayo Famutimi in response to a post
on our official Facebook page. The original
story was a message of hope and faith
reminding us of the ever living words of our
Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ and
reaffirming our belief that ‘with God all
things are possible’ , using the John Lake
testimony and written to encourage us never
to cease praying no matter what we or the
world may be going through."
Nowhere in the said story did Pastor Ighodalo
make claims that he had found a solution or
that “only God’s anointing and the living
words of Jesus” were all that were needed
for the Ebola disease or that people should
not seek medical help and attention. Continue
In no way did the story suggest for people to
act irresponsibly with regards to any medical
emergency including the Ebola virus. The
headline of the story and its contents were
clearly written with sensationalism in mind.
In the spirit of good journalism the reporter
should have made attempts to contact the
church to verify his story. This negates the
practice of professional journalism, which we
would have expected from a leading
newspaper such as Punch. We sympathise
with those who have lost loved ones to the
disease and indeed most other diseases
ravaging our world including AIDs, Cancer
and Malaria and our prayer is that as the
medical world continues to look for a
solution to the disease and that our God will
provide succour and encouragement to all
the innocent people going through this
trauma and do that, which only He can do”.
the statement read
Below is what Ighodalo wrote on his
Facebook page...

of Trinity House church, Ituah Ighodalo, was
credited as saying he has found a solution to
the deadly Ebola disease and that Ebola
victims should not seek medical attention.
Ighodalo has denied saying this, insisting he
was misquoted.
Below is a statement he released yesterday
"It has come to our attention a story
published by the Punch newspaper written by
one Temitayo Famutimi in response to a post
on our official Facebook page. The original
story was a message of hope and faith
reminding us of the ever living words of our
Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ and
reaffirming our belief that ‘with God all
things are possible’ , using the John Lake
testimony and written to encourage us never
to cease praying no matter what we or the
world may be going through."
Nowhere in the said story did Pastor Ighodalo
make claims that he had found a solution or
that “only God’s anointing and the living
words of Jesus” were all that were needed
for the Ebola disease or that people should
not seek medical help and attention. Continue
In no way did the story suggest for people to
act irresponsibly with regards to any medical
emergency including the Ebola virus. The
headline of the story and its contents were
clearly written with sensationalism in mind.
In the spirit of good journalism the reporter
should have made attempts to contact the
church to verify his story. This negates the
practice of professional journalism, which we
would have expected from a leading
newspaper such as Punch. We sympathise
with those who have lost loved ones to the
disease and indeed most other diseases
ravaging our world including AIDs, Cancer
and Malaria and our prayer is that as the
medical world continues to look for a
solution to the disease and that our God will
provide succour and encouragement to all
the innocent people going through this
trauma and do that, which only He can do”.
the statement read
Below is what Ighodalo wrote on his
Facebook page...
More on Beyonce and Jay Z's impending rumoured divorce...
Despite sharing this pic of her nail art with
her husband's initial on it (pictured left), NY
Post is still insisting that Beyonce and Jay Z
are separating soon and we should expect a
divorce announcement anytime now as
lawyers have been called...
Jay Z, Beyoncé, concert promoter Live
Nation, HBO - and no less than four lawyers
have attended an emergency meeting
Thursday to address the couple’s rapidly
imploding marriage, The Post has learned.
But while execs at the Thursday session
wanted to put out a statement, Jay Z and
Beyoncé declined - because they couldn’t
agree on what it would say.
Now officials fret that the couple’s $100
million On the Run Tour might be canceled
before its scheduled finale.
"This may not make it to San Francisco,” a
source said. “I’m definitely not sure that
they’ll make it to Paris.”
It’s gotten so bad that the couple are living
separate lives even on the tour. "They’re not
just staying in different hotel rooms, but they
have booked separate hotels, and they arrive
separately to each show,” the insider said.
Time will tell.
jonathan arrives washington dc
![]() |
There have been an increase in female suicide attacks and a source who spoke with Vanguard thinks the female suicide bombers may be captured Chibok girls. The unnamed source said he believes that the girls may have been exposed to radicalization by their captors. The source spoke about the possibility that the girls had been indoctrinated by the terrorists in the last three months of their captivity, hypnotized and sent into various parts of Nigeria and beyond with a view to carrying out deadly missions. The source, who has contacts with the Boko Haram leadership, pointed out that it may be difficult to change radical orientation of the girls, who may now see their malevolent disposition as an act of righteousness. "It may shock you to know that some of the girls being used for suicide bombings in parts of the North are among those taken from Chibok in April this year. It was clear from the outset that the girls would not come out the same, after being kept with their unwanted hosts for a long time”. The Coordinator of the National Information Centre, Mr. Mike Omeri, has since said that the Chibok girls are not among the female bombers. But how do they know this for sure...? |
Subscribe to:
Posts (Atom)